A Day in Pompeii

Last... was it Friday? Can't remember when was this. Anyway, my sis wanted to do something educational for once and brought my mom and I to the Melbourne Museum. Yeah, it was pretty cool at first but then, we all got bored. The worst part was the exhibition about Pompeii. The line was soo long, I swear if Ash didn't stop talking to me, I would have slept in the queue.


First we saw this gigantic genuine bone structure from a Blue Whale and guess what?! It's the biggest exhibition in the museum yet the smallest among the Blue Whales. Yeah, we were still pretty excited since entering the museum and went "wow" at everything, but not for long.


Then we met "Fluffy" (name given by Ashley). Can't see why or how is it fluffy. As you can see, I'm staring at it and thinking.


That flying dinosaur that I can never seem to remember its' name!



Naww, look! It's smiling and posing for the camera! =3
One more time Dino! *snap* Such a good boy!



Yes, tweezers already existed during the ancient egyptian time. During Mona Lisa's time, shavers was invented to shave off all the eyebrows. Hehe.


There was a really interesting section in the museum. Pictures and statues of nude men and women in exact details were everywhere! And there were even many child-like drawings (as above) on the wall, IN DETAILS. And childbirth video kept playing at one corner. Ouch!



And then, there was the great Phar Lap, Australia's Wonder Horse! He was a racing horse, and was the biggest and the fastest horse there is during that time. He won medals after medals. In the end, some jealous competitors poisoned poor Phar Lap. However, his story still goes on and memories of him will always be with us. *sniff*


*salute*

Let me tell you about Pompeii history. Once upon a time, there was a Roman town called Pompeii and nearby the town, there was an active volcano called Mount Vesuvius. One day, the volcano errupted and poof! the city became Koko Krunch! Lol kidding. After the erruption, Pompeii was buried under 60 feet of dust and ashes from the volcano in just 2 days time. Its something like the city of Atlantic.

The erruption.

A cast of a dog that archaeologists believed to have been chained up and couldn't escape. Poor doggy!



Cast of 2 women who couldn't escape as well.

There were many more people that couldn't manage to escape in time too. I pity the prisoners who got chained up and the people just left them behind, like that poor dog! Some people are animals! But who could blame them. If we were in their shoes, panic attack! All we could think of is save ourself. That's all our brain wants us to think and do : Run, save yourself, lift those fat feet!

You know what, after blogging about my day at the museum, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was. It was actually really educational. Sure I was bored but I get bored with everything. I wouldn't know what Pompeii was if I hadn't been to the museum. I wouldn't know Phar Lap or that ancient egyptians have tweezers already and some other interesting facts. My apologies to the Melbourne Museum. =]
Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment