Sifaka is coming to get you!

Oh man, I still can't get over one of the lemur's name - Verreaux's sifaka.

HAHAHAHA..! Sifaka. HAHAHAHA...!! I'm going to bully Ashley with this word.

You know there's this German immigrant in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who had the longest name ever. His first and middle name was in alphabetical order -

Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvim John Kenneth Loyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor Willian Xerxes Yancy Zeus (They call him Hubert).

I can imagine this conversation taking place.
Receptionist : What's your first name.
Hubert : Adolph
Receptionist : What's your middle name?
Hubert : Eh, do you really want to know?
Receptionist : Eh, no but I have to fill in this form and I need your middle name.
Hubert : Alright, here goes. *inhaled* Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvim John Kenneth Loyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor Willian Xerxes Yancy Zeus. Why aren't you writing it down?!

Receptionist : *closes his hanging open mouth* Erm, sorry. Could you repeat that again please.
Hubert : *sighs and says out his name slowly* Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald, Hubert, Irvim, no no not Irvin, I-r-v-i-m, yes yes, John Kenneth Loyd Ma..
Receptionist : Hang on, how do you spell Loyd?
Hubert : L-y-o-d
Receptionist : Thank you and I think we ran out of space. The space only provided enough up till David and I tried squeezing in till Lyod and that's the far I could go. Sorry.
Hubert : That's alright, I get that all the time.


Man, I feel horrible now for making that up. I'm sorry Hubert, I was just joking around. No hard feelings yeah?


There's a hill near Porangahau in New Zealand that is known as ‘Tetaumatawhakatangihangakoauaotamateaurehaeaturipukapihimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuaakitanarahu’. It translates to ‘The place where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, who slid, climbed, and swallowed mountains, known as the land-eater, played his flute for his loved one.’


Scientists are so lucky. They can give their new discoveries whatever names they want. For example :

The beetle : Brachyta interrogationis nigrohumeralisscutellohumeraconjuncta

Fly Genus : Pieza (pizza) includes 3 species : kake (cake), pi (pie) and rhea (I have no idea what that sounds like but if you do know, please share it with me, I'm curious. =])


Anyway, Sifaka says farewell. =3 Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment